1. Who are you? Mason Rainey, an art student.
  2. Where are you from? Scranton, PA
  3. Do you have a preferred pronoun? she/her
  4. Tell me something about yourself? I like using pen, ink, and charcoal. I also like ceramics.
  5. What is your major? Visual studies.
  6. What kind of art do you like to make (share an image)?
  7. What apps/programs on the phone or computer do you use most frequently and what for?
    Photoshop for drawing on my laptop, Twitter to see other people’s art, Snapchat and Instagram to showcase my art.
  8. Who is one of your favorite visual artists (post a photo)?
    Claude Monet or Norman Rockwell



  1. Who is your favorite musician (share a link)?
    Hippo Campus or Arctic Monkeys
  2. What do you hope to get out of this class?
    I hope to become more comfortable with making digital artwork using the Adobe programs. I also look forward to learning more about laser printing and 3D printing.
  3. Can you sit still for an hour? Yes
  4. What is your relationship to visual studies? I’m an art student.
  5. What is the relationship between computers and visual studies?  Computers have broadened the art-making spectrum and help artists showcase their artwork to large amounts of people from across the world.
  6. What is your experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere? I know how to use Photoshop the most, but my experience with it is still limited. I started using Illustrator last semester and still have much more to learn with it. I’ve never use Premiere.
  7. Have you ever created a 3D printed object? I haven’t.
  8. Do you have a computer at home? If so does it have Photoshop and Illustrator? Mac or PC? I have a Dell Laptop with Photoshop and Illustrator.
  1. Write a five-line story. I was a really hyperactive kid. I never followed rules and was really bad. One time when I was really young and in a stroller, my brother had the unfortunate job of keeping an eye on me. When he wasn't looking, I rocked the stroller over so I could be on all fours. I proceeded to scurry around the mall on all fours with a stroller strapped to my back.
  2. Post an image from your winter break 
    Promise Land State Park, Mount Pocono

Class Vote: Would you prefer to have a break or get out at 7:45? 
Get out at 7:45

Comments