Project 1 Response

  1. How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art-making process? I think it came out pretty successful. I feel it really represents me and how I make out and how chaotic but creative the process can be for me.
  2. In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project? I used a self-portrait I drew last semester as part of my face in the piece to represent my true, unfiltered self. I also embodied how all over the place my art practice can be by making a more collage-like piece.
  3. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? It was hard to really balance out all the figures in an aesthetically pleasing way. It was also hard to recreate my face using different pictures of myself since I had to find pictures that could match up together to create a cohesive looking portrait.
  4. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough? It was difficult trying to create an image around my identity since I'm still trying to figure out what that is. 
  5. Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. It was really helpful having people look at it from a different perspective from me because they were able to point out things I never saw while working on the project. For example, they pointed out how some of the faces I used in the background stood out more than others which I didn't really notice or think about while working on this piece.
  6. Please share any other thoughts. I really enjoyed this project. It allowed me to explore and learn more about myself. I don't take enough time to really focus on myself or my identity, and this project gave me the opportunity to do that. 

Comments