1. This being our first online project, how did our new format change your experience of working in this class?                                                                                                                                                               It was a bit strange at first. I was a little worried because I liked the way we learned programs before where we would follow along with the big screen and wasn't sure how we'd do that through zoom. However, it ended up being fine and not that much different. I was able to learn how to use Tinkercad and create the project. It is a bit difficult to not just lay in bed all day and to actually do work, but it's something I'm starting to overcome each day.
  2. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece?       It was pretty challenging to turn my idea into the actual 3D object. I had to do a lot of trial-and-error to figure out what shapes to use and how to position them in order to make my cat. While the final product wasn't all that I wanted, it was pretty close.
  3. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough?                                                                                                                                                          The biggest challenge I had with Tinkercad was trying to work with the camera. I don't like how you can't move the camera around when you zoom in on a piece. It was difficult to see the work as a whole as well.
  4. Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not.   It was really helpful, especially the critique of needing the paws on the hind legs. I was struggling to figure out what was missing to make them look more like hind legs. Also the feedback I received helped me find little errors that I didn't notice while working on the piece.
  5. Was there anything that your professor could have done to better support you thought this project?           I think she was very helpful and supported us the best she could regarding the circumstances we are currently in.
  6. Please share any other thoughts.                                                                                                                   This was a fun project. It would've been neat to 3D print them at Tyler this semester but there's always next semester to print them!

Comments